Hatching is seeking a Compliance Officer to assist with activities related to legal, regulatory and policy responsibilities. You will work closely with the current management team to help with and advise on several aspects of the business mainly around contract negotiation; compliance (internal and external) with standards like ISO27001; and data privacy laws such as GDPR.
Our customers represent many different industries and areas of expertise across the globe, from banks and financial institutes through government agencies to heavy industry. As such they present many unique challenges and situations when it comes to responsibilities like data privacy and regulatory compliance which have to be overcome. We are looking for someone who enjoys new and diverse problems to help us improve and build on the work we’ve already done, both internally and externally, as we continue to grow the company in the months and years to come.
Whether you’re an experienced veteran looking to expand your knowledge across more industries and regions; or a newcomer looking to pick up experience in this field - we’d love to hear from you! As a rapidly growing tech company Hatching offers great opportunities to grow and learn with us and to affect and drive change within the company.
Founded more than 6 years ago, Hatching consists of a small team of around 15 people primarily located in the Netherlands focused entirely on malware sandboxing technologies. Our cutting edge Hatching Triage platform leverages years of experience in the industry to provide an analysis solution tailored to the needs of modern businesses, and we are preparing for extensive growth in the future.
While most of our team is based in the Netherlands, we work fully remote and have team members in different parts of the world. We place a lot of value on independent work, giving employees significant freedom with regards to when, where and how they do their work as long as goals are met.
As Compliance Officer your responsibilities will mainly include the following:
- Assisting with drafting and reviewing contracts during customer onboarding to ensure that the terms are appropriate and in line with our own policies, requirements and limitations
- Assisting with compliance and due diligence processes required by customers during initial onboarding
- Tracking compliance requirements arising from contracts and external regulations and ensuring that Hatchings own policies and practices can support these
- Proactively identifying, monitoring and advising on the compliance challenges associated with Hatching’s overall risk profile
- Working with the management team and Security Officer to maintain compliance with ISO27001 and update/maintain policies and documentation as needed
The above forms the key aspects of the role, but at busy times you may also be requested for more general administrative assistance with other parts of the business operations. Additionally if there are other areas of the business that you have a particular interest in which fall outside the core responsibilities then we will be happy to discuss ways to support and enable you in pursuing these.
- Experience or formal training with legal documents and terminology related to commercial contracts and compliance documentation
- Prior experience and/or knowledge of ISO27001/27002 frameworks preferred but not required
- At least a general interest in IT and cybersecurity subjects
- An ability to work and motivate yourself independently, and to take ownership of tasks/projects
- Good grasp of and ability to work in English as the primary language
Candidates can be fully remote and work-from-home, but since this role requires close cooperation with the existing management team you must be able to work during CE(S)T working hours. Residence within Europe is preferred but not required.
Interested in this position? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!